The project RIRP - Reducing the Influences that Radicalise Prisoners started the 17.12.2007 and ended the 31.12.2010.
Its task has been do discuss and develop strategies to reduce processes of radicalisation of offenders and prisoners. The focus has been on Islamist terrorists, but also on right-wing offenders. The project organised training courses to train staff. Two international conferences have been delivered.
The work has been done by London Probation Trust with European Partners (CEP; University of Bremen, Germany; Violence Prevention Network, Berlin, Germany; The Spanish Prison Administration, Madrid).
So find some information about the project and project results in the following attached files:
- The summary of the RIRP Project (pdf, 42.9 KB)
- The summary of the training pilot - London Probation Trust (pdf, 63.5 KB)
- The summary of the training pilot - Violence Prevention Network (pdf, 55.9 KB)
- Conference Report: Segovia (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Conference Report: London Selsdon Park (pdf, 1.6 MB)
- Research: Executive summaries (pdf, 414.5 KB)
- Report of the Awareness Raising Seminar Radicalisation - Berlin 2010 (pdf, 257.4 KB)
- Evaluation Report of the trainig courses (University of Bremen) (pdf, 170.8 KB)